Teen Discovers Finger In His Arby’s Sandwich
When you go to Arby’s you expect to get finger food like, say, tater tots with horsey sauce. What you don’t expect is to be served an actual finger. But, a human finger is exactly what one kid got in his junior roast beef sandwich.
Ryan Hart, a 14-year-old Michigan teen was eating at a local Arby’s restaurant last Friday when he bit down on something that was kind of tough and tasted rubbery. He spit it out to see what it was and realized right away that it was the fleshy tip of someone’s finger. The disgusted Hart told the Jackson Citizen Patriot, “I was like, ‘That (has) to be a finger.’ I was about to puke … it was nasty."
He was correct. It was the finger of an employee who had cut herself on the meat slicer and then left her station without telling anyone what had happened. Everyone else continued to fill orders in the kitchen until they found out about her injury. Then, according to an Arby’s spokesperson, the staff shut down food production and cleaned and sanitized the restaurant.
The employee was then treated at the hospital. Hart was also taken to the hospital. His mother called 911 and was met by police at a health center where Hart’s blood was drawn and he was prescribed medication. He said he was feeling fine.
The franchise has complied with health officials and has been allowed to remain open. Hart’s mother has spoken with an attorney, but has not decided if she’ll pursue a case.
This incident doesn’t bode well for Arby’s for the time being, but in the future, if zombies ever descend upon their restaurant, they’ll know exactly what to do.