14 Signs That The Muppets Might Actually Be Communists
Fox News’ ‘Follow the Money’ made some waves this week by making claims the movie ‘The Muppets’ sends an anti-capitalist message to kids. Scoff all you want, but it just might be true. Here are 14 signs that the Muppets just might be Communists:
1. Kermit the Frog, Fozzy Bear and Miss Piggy are joined on their next adventure by a giraffe known only as Lenin.
2. Miss Piggy can no longer bring home the bacon.
3. Dr. Bunsen Honeydew begins new experiments for developing weapons of mass destruction in an effort to launch a new Cold War.
4. The Muppets refuse to be friends with a fat cat puppet because all fat cats are keeping the money for themselves.
5. Kermit changes his song from ‘It’s Not Easy Being Green’ to ‘It’s Not Easy Not Having Any Green.’
6. Their next movie is called ‘The Muppets Take Manhattan and Occupy Wall Street While They’re in Town.’
7. Fozzie Bear launches a new bit that starts with, “What’s the deal with corporations keeping the man down?”
8. It’s revealed that Scooter’s real last name is Guevara.
9. The 'Rainbow Connection' is no longer a song. It’s the code name for the underground lair where everyone meets to think of ways to fight corporate greed.
10. It turns out that after all these years Animal isn’t just raging. He’s raging against the machine.
11. Because they can no longer keep up with the skyrocketing cost of their box seats, Statler and Waldorf go down to Wall Street to heckle stock brokers.
12. Sam the Eagle winds up imprisoned after he’s accused of being Sam the American Eagle.
13. The Swedish Chef is busy working overtime to cut down on the bread line.
14. When they can no longer afford to pay its bills and lose power in the studio, Electric Mayhem changes the band's name to Acoustic Mayhem.