Contact Us

Man Bitten Taking Rattlesnake Selfie Gets Equally Painful $150,000 Hospital Bill

If you’ve heard it once, you’ve heard it a million times: don’t ever take a selfie with a rattlesnake.

What’s that? You say you’ve never heard that? That’s probably because it seems like common sense. Well, it wasn’t for this guy and it cost him dearly.

San Diego resident Todd Fassler was bitten by a rattlesnake when he tried to take a selfie with the creature. The hospital bill for nursing him back to health? No, biggie, just $150,000. Perhaps not surprising, Fassler says he once owned a rattlesnake.

Why the insanely high cost? It turns out most of his bill was for anti-venom, which he needed so much of that two hospitals nearly ran out of giving it to him.

Take a look at his bill below. He may want to start a GoFundMe page to pay the bill, assuming people feel badly enough for a guy who thought it’d be cool to snap a photo with a rattlesnake.

Recommended for You

Around the Web

Best of TheFW

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://thefw.com using your original account information.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for TheFW quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!