Man Hit With $44 Million Hospital Bill After Bout of Pneumonia
Alexis Rodriguez had quite a shock when he opened his hospital bill, and it almost gave him another reason to visit the hospital. After being treated for pneumonia, his bill for outpatient services to the Bronx-Lebanon Hospital totaled exactly $44, 776,587.
The bill was a clerical error that should have amounted to $300, but it gave Rodriguez such a shock that he "almost had an asthma attack."
Thankfully, he called the billing company and found that several faulty invoices had gone out with similar amounts. It's a good thing that none of them gave anyone a heart attack. They've already got a huge bill to cover.