It's a fact that firefighters will go to extreme lengths to save lives, and now comes a story of heroic first responders who rescued a beloved family pet from the brink of death.

On Sunday, the Arlington Fire Department responded to a house fire in Arlington, Texas, and found a border collie named Leah unconscious in the bathroom. So, they immediately began administering oxygen via a special mask designed just for pets.

It took an almost an hour, but Leah eventually regained consciousness and suddenly came back to life. Although the dog survived, the family cat unfortunately perished in the blaze.

"We are in the business of saving peoples' things," said Lt. Kevin Seeton, a fire department spokesman. "Even if they lose everything else, saving these pets can really make their day."

The dog was later taken to a veterinarian and is expected to make a full recovery. Get better soon, Leah!