Contact Us

Dog Eats 111 Pennies, Proves Dogs Will Eat Anything


People aren’t the only ones who can be money hungry.

A dog in New York City somehow managed to eat 111 pennies.

Jack, a 13-year-old Jack Russell Terrier, ate the currency which he found in the home of his New York City owner.

His owner promptly rushed Jack to the vet, where X-rays revealed a whole lotta Lincolns shacking up in his tummy.


A doctor took all of the coins out, five at a time. Obviously, chowing down on change isn’t a good idea for anyone, but it poses a particular risk for pooches. Pennies minted after 1982 are made of zinc, which is toxic to pets and can destroy their kidney, liver and red blood cells. In fact, the doctor who supervised Jack’s procedure said the situation “would have been fatal” had the pennies not been taken out immediately.

Fortunately for Jack, he’s expected to be just fine.

As for the $1.11 in pennies that was removed, we can only assume it’ll go towards the vet bill.

Recommended for You

Around the Web

Best of TheFW

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to using your original account information.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for TheFW quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!