Dog Survives Gas Chamber at Shelter, Needs to Be Adopted [VIDEO]
When nobody came forward to adopt Daniel, the five-year old beagle was brought to the gas chamber in an overcrowded Florence, AL animal shelter, set to be euthanized along with three other dogs.
But while the carbon monoxide quickly felled Daniel's three doomed mates, employees at the shelter were shocked to find Daniel still alive -- and wagging his tail -- after being exposed to the poison for 17 minutes.
Almost as surprising was the clean bill of health the 20 pound pooch then received from the vet.
As interest in this miracle dog grew, Daniel was flown New Jersey by an animal rescue organization. Now the dog who was going to die because he didn't have a home has over 200 family clamoring to adopt him. Learn more about this amazing tale of surivial below.
[via The Daily What]