Lest you think we're making this up, there really do seem to be widespread cases of children getting their heads stuck in things in China. As further proof, a young boy recently got his noggin trapped in a wall in southwest China's Chongqing district. Jeez, whatever happened to baby-proofing?

The boy was reportedly playing in a building when he put his head between two concrete wall columns just for fun. (Never a good idea.) Of course, he became hopelessly trapped and firefighters were called to the scene.

Responders first covered the boy's head with jacket, then used hydraulic tools to pry the two columns apart. After 10 tense minutes, the frightened boy was freed, but miraculously unharmed.

When will this head-trapping epidemic end?