Attention Walmart Shoppers! Rattlesnake In Aisle Four
A Washington state man got much more than he bargained for when he was bitten by a rattlesnake while shopping at a local Walmart. Uh, excuse us, what aisle is the anti-venom in?
Mica Craig was looking for mulch in the garden section last Friday when he moved what he thought was a stick to view a displayed price. The "stick" turned out to be a foot-long rattlesnake which bit him on the hand.
"I reached down to grab the stick to move it out of the way, and the snake stretched out, turned around and got its fangs in my right hand," he said. "I slung it off and I did a tap dance on it until it was dead."
Craig was then rushed to the hospital by a concerned fellow shopper and treated by doctors. Fortunately, he's now recovering, but may lose feeling in two of his fingers due to the bite.
Wildlife officials believe the animal was a western rattlesnake, which is common to the area, and they think it came from a nearby field and was sunning itself near mulch pallets when Craig came across it. And, no, Walmart isn't selling snakeskin boots now.